Buying a home in the Portland market can be fast-paced and competitive. Buying a home can be exciting, nerve-wracking and emotional. It is a major decision that takes strategic planning, research and conscientious budgeting.
When working with buyers, my main focus is listening to their needs. By listening to every word said, and unsaid, I’m able to diagnose the perfect home for their future. Not all buyers know exactly what they want when I meet them for the first time. But by asking the right questions, we are able to work together to figure out exactly what works best for them.
I’ve helped many clients purchase a variety of properties such as single-family homes and condos. Understanding the home-buying process is half the battle. The following list will give you a basic breakdown of the steps you need to take to purchase your dream home. I call this “The Roadmap to Success.”
- Make a list of must haves and wants for your future home
- Determine a target purchase price by working with a mortgage broker and get pre-approved
- Select a target geographic parameter to start searching for homes
- Have me, your agent, set up a daily search of homes that meet your criteria
- Find your dream home
- Negotiate the contract to create a win-win scenario for both buyer and seller
- Deposit earnest money with escrow
- Schedule all inspections, including:
- Full home inspection
- Sewer scope
- Radon test
- Oil tank scan when applicable
- Order appraisal
- Negotiate all repairs to be done during the inspection period
- Provide all additional documentation required by lender’s underwriter
- Sign loan documents two business days before the scheduled close date
- Receive keys to the home of your dreams!
If you’re ready to start the search for the home of your dreams, contact me today!